My birthday is on the 6th of July. I am going to skip the debate about my age, as I sometimes feel 13 years young and sometimes 75 years old. Anyhow, just the other day, when I was talking to my Mom, she casually asked me what gift I wanted for my Birthday. I literally laughed out loud. “Matrix, I am not a kid anymore!! Birthday gifts are for children! Plus, what in the world could I ask as a Birthday Gift! There is nothing that I need!”
Even though I denied needing a gift that day, it got me thinking on what is that I really need in my life. I definitely need more sleep, more time to write, more time with Pavan, capability to laugh more, stress less, and generally chill more in life. Now among all this, what can be gifted to me as a Birthday Gift by my mother or my friends and family? None, I suppose! Having said that, Birthdays are a once in a year opportunity to really ask what we would like to receive. This year, for some unknown reason, I do not want to miss that opportunity. Therefore, I thought and thought and finally decided that there is indeed something that my friends and family can gift me as my Birthday Gift. So here it goes:
Most of you who read my posts are aware of my love for writing. You also know that I aspire to be a published writer one day. If you follow me closely, you would also know how far away I am from my vision right now. This year, as my Birthday Gift, I ask you to help me get one step closer to achieving my vision by doing one or all of the below for me:
1. Like my Facebook page – Shilpa Roy Kota (This is a public page and is different from my personal page, also by the same name. You can simply search “Shilpa Roy Kota” in Facebook and you will see my page.)
2. Invite your friends to like my page too. This will help me increase my readership levels.
3. In the comment to this post, describe in ONLY three words my blog. For e.g. – Crazy stupid mother, or Funny everyday life. This will help me understand how my readers perceive my blogs and will help me define my positioning strategy.
4. Send me a FB, Whatsapp, SMS, or email message on what you think of my posts. I would sincerely appreciate areas in which you think I can really do better (if I want to become a professional one day). List down anything from grammar, spelling, editing, positioning that needs improvement.
5. Anything else, that in your opinion will take me closer to my vision.
Please do all this, only if you really enjoy what I write and would like to see me as a published writer one day. Honestly, there is no Birthday Gift better than this, for me, this year. I know I am being shameless in asking but I believe we should ask upfront for things we would like to receive. I will also re-post this a few times before my birthday, just in case some of you have missed seeing it the first time.
Lastly, thank you all for reading, liking, commenting and sharing my posts. It is because of each one of you that I really started to believe in my vision. If you grant my birthday wish this year, I promise I will not only give a special mention of you in my first book, but will also mail you a personalized copy of that book as soon as it is published. I will also earnestly pray that you come closer to achieving your personal vision each day. Honestly speaking, as an aspiring writer, I don’t have much more to promise in return, return now!