Came across some eccentric behavior of consultants that could be put together to create the Consulting Rule Book. This is completely on a lighter note. Doesn’t mean to offend anyone in any way. So here goes –
- Never close your Inbox. The world will stop if you don’t respond to emails within 5 seconds.
- Keep your phone always busy or switched off. The longer someone has to wait to reach you, the more important you are.
- When you are exhausted and the most important thing you need is sleep, you call friends over for drinks.
- When you are busy checking Facebook and your boss walks behind, tell them you are searching for prospective clients
- When you are travelling non stop, never forget that you have Sulabh Toilets
- When you feel like throwing someone out of the window, think how in the hell will you be able to pick them up in the first place.
- When parents complain you don’t have time to talk to them, make a call and just keep saying hmm.. I’m taking care.. mmm.. I know.. hmm… I’m taking care.. mmm.. I know.. and so on.
- Never say anyone (especially the customer) is wrong. If you disagree it is just a difference of perspectives.
Feel free to add more from your experiences. Keep consulting, keep laughing!