Bought a pair of ultra jazzy junk bangles at a store recently. When buying I thought my daughter will love these. Today morning, while I was searching for something to make me feel special, I found them, lying neatly in my drawer, twinkling, calling me, teasing me and daring me to wear them. And yes you guessed it, I ended them wearing them myself. And yeah, I feel 20 years younger myself.
All day long, I have been thinking – what fun it is to be a girl. There is so much we can do, some of it sane and quite a lot of it completely insane. That’s how this blog started shaping up in my mind. Here’s a list of things, mostly insane, I think only girls (aunties included) can get away with:
- Use tears to get around difficult negotiations
- (Derivative of the above) Talk more with our eyes than with our mouth
- Call friends for hours to discuss recipes, outfits, discount sales, books, movies, FB status and anything under the sun which we might fancy
- Look intelligent and innocent, naughty and graceful, strong and vulnerable; both at the same time
- Go shopping when there is nothing to buy and still end up spending hours and thousands on stuff we never thought we needed
- Ask for help when we are genuinely stuck (or even otherwise)
- Cry when we see an ultra romantic or happy or sad or violent or boring movie. In essence, we are entitled to cry in any movie.
- Know we are fat, but expect everyone else to say “wow, you have lost weight!”